ASPARKAM-L is a modern efficient and safe antiarrhythmic drug for rapid make up for potassium and magnesium deficiency, normalization of electrolytic balance.
ASPARKAM-L as infusion solution and solution for intravenous injection is the aqueous solution of potassium and magnesium salts of L-aspartic acid and sorbitol.
What is ASPARKAM-L for?
There are well-known analogous preparations, which are available in the pharmaceutical market, for example, Hungarian Gedeon Richter's Panangin, Ukranian Farmak's Asparkam in the form of solutions for intravenous injection, Potassium and magnesium aspartate (Berlin-Chemie, Germany) as solution for infusions. These drugs include potassium and magnesium salts of D,L-aspartic acid.
ASPARKAM-L is produced on the base of pure L-aspartic acid. It is well known that the body ingests only L-amino acids, which have special systems for delivery to the intracellular compartment and efficiently participate in cellular metabolism. L-Aspartate binds metal ions and transports them via its own delivery system inside the cells. Enantiomers of amino acids are inactive towards the most of enzymatic systems of an organism and are poorly ingested by it. Studies demonstrated faster saturation of erythrocytes and myocardium with potassium and magnesium ions at use of L-aspartic acid as compared to racemate (D,L-aspartate). It was also demonstrated that D-aspartate is urinable and is ballast additively increasing the excretory system burden.
Clinical studies of Asparkam-L demonstrated that:
- •When used by myocardial infarction patients (as part of comprehensive treatment) Asparkam-L promotes recovery and maintains normal potassium level in blood serum and magnesium level in blood serum and erythrocytes (tissues).
- •Asparkam-L improves clinical state of patients and effort tolerance. It substantially decreases frequency and severeness of angina attacks. It contributes to decrease of arrhythmia number and improvement of life quality of patients.
- During protracted treatment in recommended dosage, Asparkam-L is a safe drug characterized by high tolerability.
- •The comprehensive comparative evaluation demonstrated that efficiency and safety of Asparkam-L is similar to those of Panangin and potassium and magnesium aspartate, and as for dynamics of clinical state improvement and prevention of acute infarction relapse, it outperforms compared preparations.
Biochemical trends of myocardial infarction patients after 10 days of therapy using Asparkam-L
Dynamics of ischemia indexes of myocardial infarction patients after 10 days of therapy using Asparkam-L
Dynamics of rhythm disturbance of myocardial infarction patients after 10 days of therapy using Asparkam-L
- Decreases hard heart rhythm disorders
- Improves tolerability of cardiac glycosides
- Reduces frequency of arrhythmias and fatality rate in case of prophylaxis use, prevents repeated arrhythmias.
ASPARKAM-L preparation and process for its production as well as process for production of L-aspartic acid are protected by the Russian patents 2229879 and 2174558.
Infusion solution of ASPARKAM-L is delivered in 200 ml and 400 ml glass bottles. One bottle (400 ml/200 ml) contains 265 mg/133 mg of magnesium ions; 1059 mg/530 mg of potassium ions.
Solution for injections ASPARKAM-L is delivered in 5 ml or 10 ml ampoules. Carton contains 10 ampoules of 10 ml. Blister contains 10 ampoules of 5 ml. 1 ampoule (10 ml/5 ml) contains 400 mg/200 mg of magnesium L-aspartate (magnesium ions — 33.7 mg/16.9 mg), 452 mg/226 mg of potassium L-aspartate (potassium ions — 103.3 mg/51.7 mg).
ASPARKAM-L is manufactured at OAO Biosintez in Penza City under the license of ZAO Bioamid. ASPARKAM-L is the home-produced preparation including all stages starting from development of technology for producing the substance up to manufacture of final dosage form.